Teachers are privileged to play a pivotal role in shaping a young person’s life. If being a teacher is something you see as a privilege, and if you are passionate about making a difference to the lives of young people, we invite you to consider teaching in a Sydney Catholic school.
Teachers in Sydney Catholic schools understand that being a successful teacher means being able to integrate their work, life and their faith.
Catholic schools provide students with a comprehensive, quality education delivered within a caring environment and founded on the teachings of our Catholic faith.
As a teacher in a Catholic School, it is essential that you:
- have an understanding of, and commitment to, the Mission of the Catholic school
- enjoy working with children and helping them learn and grow.
- are classified and can provide evidence of your qualifications and experience, as well as an 'Authority to Work' if you are not an Australian resident.
- have obtained relevant Religious Education qualifications.
- comply with NSW Child Protection Legislation.
- have registered with BOSTES, if you are a recent graduate or are returning to the teaching after a break of five years or more.
For position vacancies please refer to the Employment section; and your local and metropolitan newspapers.